NSS Unit, SVCET was formed in 2008-09 Academic year. Sri Y.N. Vijaya Kumar, Associate Professor, from Electrical and Electronics Department is the Incharge of the unit working as the NSS programme officer. NSS unit, SVCET conducted various events like blood donation Camps, plantation programs, Shramadaan programs, Immunization programs, National Integration Camps, Awareness Progrms, Medical Camps, Special Camps, etc.
NSS Unit, SVCET.
Blood Donation Camps
- We have conducted blood donation camp in collaboration with Govt. Hospital, Chittoor at SVCET Campus, Chittoor on 11.09.09
- We have conducted blood donation camp in collaboration with IRCS Chittoor at SVCET Campus, Chittoor on 22.10.09
- We have conducted blood donation camp in collaboration with IRCS Chittoor at SVCET Campus, Chittoor on 24.10.09
- We have conducted blood donation camp in collaboration with IRCS Chittoor at SVCET Campus, Chittoor on 20.02.2010
- We have conducted blood donation camp in collaboration with with Govt. Hospital, Chittoor at SVCET Campus, Chittoor on 26.02.2010
NSS Unit, SVCET Conducted Various Platation Programs. The basic objective of the programme was to sensitize the students towards environmental concerns, to inculcate the value of organizational commitment and WE feeling and ultimately to make the campus green. Various kinds of plants have been planted by the students in the campus.
Plantation Program was conducted on 26.08.09 at SVCET Campus.
NSS Unit-SVCET Conducted Shramadaan Programme at Talapula Palli Village, Chittoor from 18.03.2010 to 24.03.2010. About 50 Students Participated in the programme.
NSS Unit SVCET conducted Pulse Polio Immunization Program at Muthurevula Village, Chittoor. 10.01.2010 with support from 60 Volunteers and immunized 500 children with Pulse Polio Vaccine.
National Integration Camps
NSS-Unit SVCET Organized Several National Integration Camps in and Around Chittoor.
NSS-Unit organized a rally raising voice against the Mumbai terrorist Attacks at Gandhi Statue, in Chittoor Town.
Flood relief material was Collected in Chittoor and Distributed to Kurnool Dist People who were affected due to severe floods. The programme was conducted on 15.10.09 & 16.10.09.
NSS Unit, SVCET conducted Various Awareness Programs like Anti Ragging Awareness, AIDS awareness, Human Rights Awareness, etc.
- Anti Ragging Awareness programme in Collaboration with SCOPE was Conduted on 16.08.09 at Auditorium, SVCET.
- Anti Ragging Awareness programme by Deputy Superintendent of Police Collaboration with SCOPE at Auditorium,SVCET on 26.08.09.
- AIDS Awareness Programme was conducted at Muthirevula Village, Chittoor on 01.12.09 by 60 Volunteers and educated almost 600 people.
- The Human Rights day was conduted at Thapovanam ,Chittoor on 10.12.2009.
- Red Ribbon Express – AIDS Awareness Programme Conducted by Rajeev Gandhi Foundation, New Delhi at Railway Station, Chittoor on 05.04.2010 and 06.04.2010.
NSS Unit, SVCET conducted NSS Special Camp at Thalapulapalli, Chittoor on 18-03-2010 to 24.03.2010
NSS Unit, SVCET conducted Swine-flu protection medicine distribution & Mouth Masks (Free of cost) at SVCET Campus, Chittoor on 09.09.09
NSS Unit, SVCET conducted Swine-flu protection medicine distribution & Mouth Masks(Free of cost) at Muthirevula Village on 24.09.09
NSS- Unit of SVCET conducted Free eye Screening Camp in collaboration with Dr. Agarwal eye Hospital, Chennai from 19-07-2010 to 24-07-2010. All the students and the staff members of SVCET participated in the camp.